Target Gift Cards on Sale This Weekend for 10% Off
It’s back! The annual Target gift card sale is back again this weekend, and we’ve got an extra reason to be excited. Whereas normally every year Target gives us one day to save 10% on gift cards, this year, it’s a two day affair.
There are a few more restrictions in place so let’s go over the specifics of this amazing promotion and what we can do to maximize it.
For the uninitiated, every year Target has traditionally made the first Sunday of December the day when their gift cards are sold at 10% off. Sure, there’ve been limits (typically it maxed out at $300 per order) but there were plenty of ways to get around that. You could go with a friend, have multiple accounts, or even a friendly cashier that would run multiple transactions.
Well, it looks like Target got smart, and they’re putting some restrictions in place this year.
Never fear, you’ll still be able to make some big savings and take advantage of a lot of discounts this year.
Last year we had one day to enjoy the savings. In 2020, a year where the norms are thrown out the window, Target has extended the discount days to both Saturday AND Sunday. You’ll see in the graphic above that last year the discount was only for a $300 limit.
This year, the limit has been increased to $500 in gift cards for a maximum savings of $50 per order.
What Else Changed?
Since the limit has increased and you’ve got two days to do it, something else must have changed, right? In fact, in order to take advantage of the discounts, you must be a member of the Target loyalty program, Target Circle.
In order to use Target Circle, you have to enter your cell phone at checkout. Target will track your purchase, give you the discount, and that’s it.
You are only allowed one gift card transaction per Target Circle account. Not feeling like going into the store, never fear. You can make the purchase online as well.
The Fine Print
For those interested in the nitty gritty, here’s the fine print:
- Valid beginning Dec. 5 for a one-time use purchase in-store or online.
- Gift cards purchased online can be delivered via email, mail or mobile.
- Offer valid for one transaction up to $500 in Target GiftCards ($50 maximum discount) at Target or Target.com per Target Circle account.
- Offer does not include Target Visa Gift Cards, Target Mastercard Gift Cards, Target American Express Gift Cards and gift cards issued by other retailers such as dining, lifestyle and entertaining gift cards.
- Offer excludes reloads of previously purchased Target GiftCards, Target GiftCards given in exchange for electronic or prepaid trade-ins, Target GiftCards provided for merchandise returns, Merchandise Return Cards and Target GiftCards provided as free promotional card with qualifying purchase.
- Quantities are limited and no rainchecks will be given. Purchases of Target GiftCards that exceed certain transaction limits may be voided. If the GiftCard transaction exceeds $500, the $50 maximum discount may be proportionately allocated across all GiftCards in the transaction.