Looking for Work? The Amex Centurion Lounge is Hiring!
We’ve always enjoyed the American Express Centurion Lounge in Seattle’s airport as a refuge from the hustle and bustle of the airport and over the years have made long lasting lifetime friendships with the staff. Heck, we were traveling upwards of 2-3x a month so we’ve had the chance to meet a lot of the staff and get to know them.
Recently we passed through the airport and found that they’re hiring staff for the SeaTac location. If you’re looking for a job in the travel industry with great benefits, this could be a great opportunity.
The Lounge Itself
Let’s talk about the Centurion Lounge for starters. Currently, the Amex lounge is located in the B gate section of the airport. It’s a cozy and compact space, but they’ve been getting better about managing the space and very seldom have we found a wait or a waitlist. Food’s back on the menu as well as the full bar offerings.
In or around Q3 this year the new lounge is expected to open up, and it’s going to be MASSIVE. The plans are here from SeaTac Airport, and it’s looks stunning.
The Job Itself
The job posting can be found here, so I won’t go into a ton of detail, but from what I hear from other people, the fringe benefits (including tons of vacation time, travel benefits, etc) are awesome.
You’d be working as a Member Service Professional, but here’s some of the job details that are involved with the day-to-day:
It is our mission to become essential to our Card Members by providing differentiated products and services. It is our duty to make Membership come to life every day. MSPs do this by:
· Welcoming and providing access to our Card Members upon arrival at reception
· Being accountable and taking ownership of the customer’s experience from beginning to end
· Creating innovative ways to resolve customers’ issues or concerns to win their brand loyalty; ultimately making loyal enthusiast out of the customer
· Employing the Customer First philosophy in meeting customers’ needs and expectations
· Providing concierge and lifestyle recommendation
· Providing travel consultation and minimal reservation assistance
· Accommodating needs of our Card Members, by partnering with our food and beverage lounge partners
How to Apply
It looks like there are jobs for both the San Francisco lounge AND the Seattle lounge. If you apply for the Seattle lounge, make sure to tell them you saw it here on NoMasCoach! They’re a great bunch of people and we love them dearly. Hopefully, we’ll see you checking us in at the front desk on our next trip through SeaTac!