IHG Chase Credit Card Offer Changes Thursday – Apply Today!
The IHG credit card used to be the darling of the credit card world. It recently went through a makeover, but it’s still a very strong card with huge benefits for the annual fee. As of tomorrow, May 1st at 2pm, the offer will be changing. If you like what you see today, now’s the time to apply.
The card today provides some amazing value and is a perfect “get-and-hold” card. The benefits that you get every year outweigh the annual fee.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening plus an additional 40,000 bonus points after spending a total of $5,000 on purchases within 6 months of account opening
- Enjoy a Free Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide. Plus, enjoy a free reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights
- Earn 10 points per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants. Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Platinum Elite status as long as you remain a Premier card member
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✔® Fee Credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card
Free Night Per Year
Every year on your account anniversary, you get a free night good at any IHG property worldwide. ‘Nuff Said. This alone makes the $89 annual fee for the IHG Rewards Credit Card worthwhile.
Doesn’t get you much, but might get a nice status match to a program that has good benefits for Elite members.
Global Entry/TSA Pre Credit
Straight forward here… charge this to your card once every four years and the fee is refunded to you.
120,000 point bonus
80,000 points for the first $2,000 in spend within three months and then another 40,000 points for an additional $6,000 in spend in the first 6 months. Most great properties go for 30-40k a night, so this is 3-4 free nights a year!
Your points will be good to redeem at Intercontinental, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Hotel Indigo, Crowne Plaza, and more in the IHG family.
What are you waiting for?
While we don’t know what the offer will be tomorrow (and I will say that seldom do they get BETTER) the offer today is solid. 120k points, a free night, Fee waivers, and elite status… it’s a no brainer.
While Chase doesn’t officially report that this card applies to your 5/24, crowd-sourcing shows that it might. For the uninitiated, 5/24 means you can’t be approved for more than 5 credit cards (of any lender) in a 24 month period. If you go over this number, you will be declined by Chase for any new cards.