Hyatt and American Airlines launch an EPIC Partnership
It’s no surprise that airlines and hotels partner together to try and gain off of one another’s clients, but we’ve seen a lot of integration over the past couple of years. According to an email that was just sent out by Hyatt hotels, there’s a new amazing partnership set to launch and you’re going to want to be a part of this.
World of Hyatt and American Airlines AAdvantage are going to be launching a new partnership where every dollar you spend at Hyatt hotels earns you 1 extra Aadvantage mile, and every dollar you spend on flights earns you one Hyatt point. WOW.
I don’t want to miss a single word, so here’s the email. Bolding (of the good stuff) is my own:
Travel is about to get even more rewarding.
Later this year, World of Hyatt and American Airlines AAdvantage® elite members can be even more rewarded and recognized throughout their entire journey.
We wanted you to be the first to know about an exciting expansion to the relationship between World of Hyatt and the AAdvantage® program. We’re bringing together the world’s largest airline with the service and care you know from World of Hyatt so that you can feel more rewarded than ever.
– World of Hyatt elite members will be able to earn one World of Hyatt Bonus Point for every eligible dollar spent on qualifying American Airlines flights. This will be on top of what they are already earning on American Airlines flights.
– AAdvantage® elite members will be able to earn one AAdvantage® bonus mile for every eligible dollar spent at qualifying Hyatt hotels. This will be on top of what they are already earning on Hyatt stays.
– Explorist and Globalist World of Hyatt members will be able to work their way toward higher status in the AAdvantage® program through elite status challenges to enjoy access to the best AAdvantage® benefits including priority boarding, free checked bags, free preferred seats and more.
– Additionally, Platinum, Platinum Pro and Executive Platinum AAdvantage® members will be able to work their way toward higher status in the World of Hyatt program through elite status challenges and will have access to the best World of Hyatt benefits, including a dedicated check-in area, late check-out upon request, room upgrades and free premium internet.
– Upon registering, these elite members will be able to immediately enjoy their new loyalty benefits in the reciprocal program tier as they work to maintain that elite tier status.
As more information becomes available in the months ahead, we’ll make sure to let you know.
This is a great deal. If you’re elite with American Airlines, you can get elite status with Hyatt through a status challenge (stay X nights, I would imagine) and if you’re elite with Hyatt, you have the chance to get elite status on the airline through status challenges.
On top of that, you’ll earn 1 point and 1 mile for every dollar spent on tickets.
It just seemed like a matter of time before American and Hyatt partnered together. Honestly, they were really the only airline/hotel partners that didn’t have anything going for them. I didn’t expect American (being half controlled by Citibank and Barclays) and Hyatt (with their loyalty to Chase) to be the ones to partner together, but nothing surprises me anymore.