Hilton gets a new “Motto” and ANOTHER hotel brand
Hilton has been in the hotel business now for 100 years, and staying fresh can be a bit of a challenge. The worldwide hotel chain announced just yesterday that they’re launching a new brand in 2020, it’s name… Motto.
Motto is, simply put, “a micro hotel that puts people in the neighborhoods that they want to be at the price they want.” Read that very carefully, it’s a micro hotel. When I see that, I think fancy hostel, and I’m not far off.
The rooms are going to be TINY (on average 163 sq ft) but they can be connected to one another to make for larger groups. In order to maximize the space in the rooms, the beds will come out of the wall (Murphy Beds) and the closets won’t have doors. According to Hilton, there’s a premium mattress, Sleep Kit with eye masks, essential oils or vitamin bars, a white noise app, blackout window shades and plenty of insulation to not hear your neighbors.
According to Hilton:
- Guest Rooms: With an average footprint of 163 square feet or 14 square meters, the highly efficient rooms will include space-saving features such as wall-beds, lofted beds, segmented shower and toilet stalls, and multi-functional furniture that can be discreetly stowed when not in use.
- Linking Rooms: Eliminating the hassle of coordinating travel for larger groups, Motto by Hilton hotels will have the option for guests to book multiple connecting rooms in advance.
- Split-payments: Motto by Hilton hotels will allow guests to split payments between more than one person at the time of booking, avoiding the sometimes-complicated math exercise during checkout.
- Connected Room: All Motto by Hilton rooms will be outfitted with Hilton’s Connected Room technology – the first mobile-centric hotel offering that allows guests to control features in their room (i.e., temperature, lighting, TV, window coverings, etc.) from their Hilton Honors mobile app.
- Curated Sleep Experience: Motto by Hilton hotels will put an emphasis on a premium sleep experience. Whether it is a premium mattress; a Sleep Kit with eye masks, essential oils or vitamin bars; a white noise app; blackout window shades; or sound absorbing materials throughout the room, Motto by Hilton is sleep-obsessed and prioritizes quality sleep for every traveler.
Is it for you?
Its one redeeming quality will be its centralized locations. Being in the heart of the city and (hopefully) not being expensive will be awesome. If your main interest is not sleeping or having frills in the room, then that’s also a win. If you’re big into luxurious surroundings and large suites, look elsewhere.
We’ll be interested in giving a shot when they open in 2020 in London. No word yet on what the Diamond Elite benefits will be, but time will tell.