Disneyland is Closing due to Coronavirus Pandemic Concerns
According to a Disney public release today, Disneyland in Anaheim California will be closing down as the pandemic fears mount.
Disney is only one of many events being cancelled such as Coachella, March Madness, and the NBA Season.
— Disney Parks News (@DisneyParksNews) March 12, 2020
Disney World located in Orlando is slated to remain open as of the time of writing.
Here’s the highlights from the press release:
- Beginning March 14th, Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure will close until the end of March.
- Downtown Disney will remain open
- Hotels will remain open until March 16th, allowing time to change plans if needed
- Cast members will be paid during the time that Disney is closed (Bravo)
- You can change ticket or request refunds if you are affected, but since call volume will be high, be patient
This certainly is a good move, I think, for Disney. Not only are they doing their part to curb the spread of the COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic, but they’re also taking care of their cast members during this time.