$10 off $100 in Visa Gift Cards at Safeway, Albertsons, Vons
If you’ve got a Safeway grocery store near you, then here is a great Sunday Memorial Day weekend money-maker for you. Simply buy at least $100 in Visa Gift cards and you’ll get $10 off immediately at the register.
This offer is good on any Visa Gift cards that Safeway sells, meaning you can buy 2 x $50 cards, 1 x $100 card, or even one of the variable $500 Visa cards. Buying any of them will trigger the discount on your purchase.
If you opt for the $500 Visa Gift card, the math works out in your favor.
- Cost of the Card = $500 + $5.95 activation fee. Total is $505.95
- $10 Discount = $495.95
- Profit on each card is $4.05
Make sure to add this offer to the accounts of your family members to take advantage of the discount if you have more than only family member with a Safeway, Albertsons, or Vons account.
You won’t earn any fuel points on the purchase, but you’r making straight profit on each card so that’s a win. You can only use the coupon once, however.
Supermarket Credit Card Spend
The number of credit cards right now offering bonuses on supermarket spend is unparalleled.
- Hilton American Express cards offer 12x, netting you 5,951 Hilton Points
- American Express Gold, American Express Delta, 4x miles/points for 1,984 total points/miles
- Chase Sapphire Reserve, earning 5x Ultimate Rewards points for a total of 2,480 points
- Most other Chase cards earn 3x Ultimate Rewards for a total of 1,488 points
- Citi Prestige Card, earning 5x Thank You Points for a total of 2,480 points
Just two weeks ago, there was a deal at Safeway for $10 off Mastercards, and currently there is a promotion for $3 off fees at Kroger family stores. It seems like we’re in full steam ahead mode right now for gift card discounts.
Happy Memorial Day Shopping, y’all