Win Free Tickets to November’s Travel Expo!
Ben and I attended our first frequent traveler university classes (what I called among my friends Miles and Points University) back in 2014. I wasn’t even “in the know” enough to know that it was called FTU for Frequent Traveler University. Ever since that first date in 2014, we’ve always attended and have been an integral part of the events. Because we’ve been around for so long, we got in good with the people running the show, and we’ve got a little giveaway for you!!! Keep reading to find out how you can win free tickets to the FTU Travel Expo in Chicago November 18th!
Now, if you’ve been to an FTU before, don’t stop reading here. I promise you that you’ll find value in this post. If you HAVEN’T been, by all means keep going and I hope to impart some wisdom onto you.
Why should you go?
- If you’re about to sign up for your first credit card and have NO idea what you’re doing, welcome!
- If you’ve got thousands of miles and points and have no idea what the best way to earn them is, then you should show up.
- If you feel like you’re earning and earning with no real destination or plan in mind, come and learn.
- If you want to travel in luxury to all corners of the globe without paying for it, then you HAVE to be there.
- If you want to get tons of free swag from sponsors and presenters, you should attend.
- If you like the social aspect and want to know that there are other crazy people doing this too, just like you… come meet them!
- In short, there is something for everyone. We’ve been to a ton and come back from each event learning something new. I met with someone who said that they’d been to over a dozen and it’s worthwhile to him. Each event he learns something new!
What will you learn?
At this last event in Minneapolis, we covered topics such as:
- Maximizing Airline Miles
- Maximizing Hotel Loyalty
- Top Tier Airline Status through Credit Cards
- Manufactured Spend Techniques
- Aspirational Airline Travel
- SPG and Marriott Hacks and Sweet Spots
- Advanced Delta Skymiles and United MileagePlus
- Fuel Dumping and Hidden City Ticketing
- And a few more!
Who will you meet?
- Greg Davis-Kean from Frequent Miler
- Rudy Maxa from Rudy Maxa’s World
- Matthew Klint from Life and Let’s Fly
- Stefan Krasowski from Rapid Travel Chai
- Tiffany Funk from One Mile at a Time
- Jared Kamrowski from Thrifty Traveler
- Nick Reyes from Frequent Miler
- Kevin Song from The Points Guy
- And… the two of US! Of course 🙂
What’s in it for me?
What’s not?! Sheesh, if you’re still reading this and haven’t made up your mind, what’s going on in that head of yours! Is it the cost? Don’t worry! We’ve got you hooked up with the two free tickets to the travel expo. Interested in attending the full weekend University event? You’ll get $39 off the entry fee for the full event.
Afraid you won’t learn anything? Trust me, you will. These events wouldn’t keep happening if no one learned anything and didn’t get any value.
Also… how about we buy you a drink at the bar (soda if you don’t drink). We’d love the chance to meet our readers face to face, so we hope to use this as a chance to shake your hands and make that personal connection.
What’s the Travel Expo?
The FTU Expo is going to be over 36,000 sq ft of space with 30 presenters, 4 simultaneous seminar stages and over 3,000 vendors and travelers. Think of it as a trade-show style where you can go booth to booth and meet, greet, learn, and walk away with some swag! The cost of the FTU Expo is $39. Nothing like this has even been done before, gathering so many like minded people into one area, with dozens of people presenting this is truly an event that you don’t want to miss.
Did I mention we’ll also buy you a drink? 🙂
Where is it?
This year we’re hosting it in Chicago and the Chicago O’Hare Marriott. There’s a special discounted rate for both the hotel AND for daily parking.
When is it?
Both events will be held the weekend of November 17-19, including happy hours on the 17th, main events on the 18th and 19th. I’d try and get there for all of it, as the happy hour mixer is where we get a lot of secret info!
How to win your free tickets…
We want to make sure as many people as possible can go to the event, so in the past we used to have twitter giveaway (not everyone uses Twitter) and then we had Facebook giveaway (apparently there are still people without Facebook) so we’re gonna keep it simple. Leave us a comment below saying what you hope to learn from the Travel Expo or the Frequent Traveler University and we’ll use a random number generator to choose two winners to attend the event in Chicago with us!
If you want an extra chance to win share this post on Twitter with the tag #FreeExpoTickets and we’ll add you to the list there as well!
The drawing will be held on Friday, October 13th…