Black Friday Roundup: The Best Airline Deals 2019
It’s that time of year again. Now that you’ve gotten fat of turkey and all the fixins, it’s time to make your wallet skinny. No, I’m not talking about going to the gym. That can wait until the inevitable New Year’s resolution that fades off in mid-February. I’m talking about Black Friday and Cyber Monday!
The past few years, Black Friday and Cyber Monday have become dates to mark for lovers of travel bargains (ourselves included). Some of the best deals from last year included $175 flights from LA to London, $750 premium economy return fares between the US and Hong Kong, and 50% off hotels. This year, Air China already got the ball rolling with $1,600 business class return fares between Europe and Australia.
Below is a roundup of the best airfare deals available right now. We’ll update this as the deals continue to roll in.
- Virgin Atlantic is offering both economy and Upper Class at a discount. Economy is on sale to the East coast from £260 and West coast from £279. Our favorite deal though, isn’t advertised. You can currently fly between London and Boston for just $1,100. There’s no telling how long that deal will stick around so hurry!
- Singapore Airlines is offering a sale in all cabins, including economy, premium, and business. The economy deals start at $499 on their fifth freedom route to Frankfurt, while Bali can be had for just $549. However, on flights that long, you probably want a little extra comfort or maybe even a flat bed. Not to worry, as they’re also offering round trip premium economy fares from the US to Singapore starting at just $899. For a flight that long, that’s really a fantastic rate. Especially considering the quality of Singapore’s onboard product. Plus, you’ll earn a ton of Alaska miles too. If premium still isn’t good enough for you, you can snag direct business class flights, starting at just $1,999
- Qatar Airways is offering $150 off economy flights and $300 off round trip business class flights from the US. The deal applies to a bunch of routes, including those with Qatar’s renowned Qsuites. Check out the details here.
- Alaska Airlines‘ Black Friday sale is bringing us flights starting at just $29 one-way. If you have bigger plans in mind, they’re also offering a sale on purchased miles with up to a 50% bonus.
- Cathay Pacific is offering discounts on Premium Economy and Economy out of Los Angeles. Some of the highlights include New York to Bali in Premium Economy for $1,345, the East Coast to Australia from $1,645, and Los Angeles to Bangkok from $1,255. For flights this long, that extra legroom can make a huge difference. Plus, you’ll earn a ton of Alaska or American miles. If you want even more legroom, you can upgrade these to business class using points.
- Air China is offering deals in business class from Germany to Asia and Australia. These are similar to the deals we posted a few weeks ago. Flights to South East Asia start at $1,200 and flights to Australia and New Zealand start at $1,600. These really are some fantastic rates for flights this far and can be worth positioning to Germany. To book, head on over here.
- British Airways is offering a bunch of Black Friday deals. However, their best deals come in the World Traveller Plus cabin (premium economy). British Airways is offering their premium economy seats for just £199 (read: $260) over their economy prices. These fares are eligible to upgrade to business class, which is really easy to do as long as there’s availability.
- Emirates is offering a sale in both Economy and Business class. In the pointy end of the plane, you’ll be able to get from the US to India for under $3,000. Though it’s not the cheapest we’ve seen lately, it’s still a really solid rate on a great airline. If you have Amex points, it could be worth looking into upgrading these to first class. For economy travelers, Emirates is also offering discounts on their JFK-Milan and Newark-Athens fifth freedom routes, with those destinations starting at $449.
- Air Canada is offering some great economy deals, both within North America and for long-haul flights. Some of the best deals include flights from the east coast to China for $385 and across the US to Japan starting in the $400s.
- Aegean Airlines is offering a 100% bonus on purchased miles. While this would have been much more lucrative in the past, Aegean stealthily devalued their mileage chart this past week. There are still some solid uses of Aegean miles, but just be sure to check their updated award chart to see the new requirements.
- Etihad Airways isn’t necessarily offering a Black Friday deal. However, I thought this is worth flying under the “awesome if you can afford it” category. Etihad is currently offering a sale on their A380 Apartments. For those of you that aren’t familiar, that’s their awesome first class seat with a separate bed and seat. You can book over 30 hours in the Etihad Apartments for about $2,700. While that’s far from cheap, it’s an incredible deal given the product and amount of time you’d be spending in it.